Successful Day of Cooking!

My day of cooking with Ben went really well on Saturday! We may have started an hour later than planned (Hey, we had to eat lunch!), but we stayed under budget, only spending about $33 per person for all our ingredients! We may have sat down to dinner at 7:00pm instead of the planned 5:00pm. We may have used every single appliance and dish in our kitchen, it may have taken us well over an hour to clean it all up afterward. We may have had more than a few jokes made about the not so great homemade pasta and bland pasta sauce, but hey: we learned a lot, made some really great new things and had a fun day. In the end, that's really what it all was about, right?

We made the following:
Homemade Mozzarella - (post coming on that this week)
Homemade pasta with sauce from Luisa Weiss's Book, My Berlin Kitchen

More on each of these items throughout the week!

Comments

  1. I can't wait to hear more! Everything looks delicious, and it sounds like you had fun! Which is really the most important part! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, it was really about having a fun day with a good friend. Making the cheese was the most interesting thing we did. I can't wait to share that with you tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Omg good stuff!!! Looks amazing, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was pretty tasty - I swear, I'm still so full!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks like it turned out great! I am excited to read about cheesemaking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, making the cheese was definitely the most interesting thing we did (and tastiest) I will def. be sharing the process tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so good!! I can't wait to hear how all of it turned out! And I am glad that you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan, I wish I could share it all with everyone. It was a good (and tiring) time!

      Delete
  5. Seriously? You posted pictures of scrumptious food and didn't tell us how to make these things. We have to wait until tomorrow? This is like a trailer for a fantastic movie that we have to wait to see! The suspense is killing me! Did you at least save me a slice of cake? And pasta? And bread? And cheese, and...;-). So glad you and Ben had such a good time making awesome food and treasured memories!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me some lovin' and thanks for stopping by!

You may also like: