Winter Break 2018

I always enjoy the February break. There isn't any Holiday to deal with, it's just a random week off, where we are able to take advantage of some of the fun places available for kids to play in our area. Here's what we did this year:

Monday- Massive shopping trip to BJ's, Swim Lesson for Natalie, dinner with Chris' parents that night. Nothing too crazy about today.

Tuesday - We had a playdate with our neighbors, Lisa and Matthew. In the afternoon, I took Natalie to the local Broadhollow Theater for a special performance of Cinderella. We made it as far as intermission (which, confusingly, was 20 minutes into it) before Natalie asked if we could go over to "the castle" to play. The theater is attached to the library which has a play space called "the Castle", and Natalie knows it's there - which sometimes makes it hard to get her into the shows when all she wants to do is go play. The show was unfortunately so bad - that I said "Yea...let's go to the castle" where she happily played for the next hour.
The Cinderella was good - she had a beautiful voice.
We happened to catch her on our way out and Natalie was excited to get a picture with her.

Wednesday morning Natalie had her friend, Casey, over. They played so well together all morning, while I got lots of work done because they were so preoccupied with each other!

After that the kids ate lunch in the car and we drove over to the park to meet up with our friends from dance. They played there for an hour before we walked down to the Queens Farm to go watch the movie Maya the Bee in the Barn. After that it was back to the park for another hour, and home for dinner at 5! It was a crazy long day. - very reminiscent of summer-time!




Thursday morning I took Christopher to Gymboree while I had the neighbor girls here to play with/ Babysit Natalie. When I came home with him, the girls took Christopher and I had an hour and a half to work, uninterrupted! I had some tentative plans/ideas for the afternoon but I was pooped and tired (I guess from the day before), and didn't feel like running around anymore - so I had them watch The Wizard of Oz! Christopher fell asleep watching it in the middle of eating his lunch, but Natalie watched the whole thing!
Yum, chicken parmesan and cauliflower mashed potatoes!

Friday morning I took them to Good Day Play cafe in Bayside. This was the most crowded I had ever seen this place - so it was a little bit chaotic, but I do still love it here. The food and drinks they serve are amazing - I would come here just to eat. The place is small but makes it totally manageable with two kids, it's CLEAN, oh my goodness is it clean, the staff does an amazing job of keeping on top of this place - they were cleaning toys even as we were there and bringing them back in. Both my kids really enjoy it here, as do I.  We played for two hours (they played, I got some work done) we ate a delicious lunch, and headed home.
This is a giant "sand" box filled with tiny wooden cubes
Once we got home, I had a baby-sitter lined up to watch them again for two hours, so I was able to work a bit more (in the car while Christopher napped mostly)

And that was that! Friday was done and we had survived our Winter break 2018!


Comments

You may also like: