It turns out Zoey LOVES the snow and enjoyed frolicking in it, donning her winter finest of course.
What tv or movie marathon weekend is complete without popcorn? Feeling ambitious, I decided to try a Kettle Popcorn recipe that I had recently pinned from How Does She? It looked really easy to make and looked so delicious!
Unfortunately, this proved a bit more difficult than it seemed. My kernels weren't popping so I finally decided to turn the heat up on it. Then, a lot did pop but still half of them wouldn't, and ended up burning in my pot - and almost ruining it!
Nevertheless, I was still able to make a good amount of fresh kettle popcorn to enjoy on Friday night while watching Spider-Man. At least it was an interesting lesson in homemade popcorn but in the future, I'll probably just stick with my good old air-popper.
From How Does She?
- 5 Tablespoons of Canola Oil
- 7 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 2/3 cup of popcorn kernels
- Dashes of salt
- Get a big pot with a lid. Put the oil into the pot. Heat it on Medium-High until you see a faint puff of smoke. It's faint, so watch for it.
- Sprinkle the sugar into the bottom of the pot. Let it dissolve a wee-bit.
- Stir in the pop corn.
- Stir quickly for 10 seconds.
- Turn heat to low.
- Put the lid on the pot.
- Every 20 seconds...shake it. Shake it good. Caution: Make sure lid is on tightly and you use hot pads. It's hot.
- When 'pops' slow pull it off the heat. Add a dash of salt.
- Wait for it to cool and devour!
If you want to see more of my culinary adventures, I update a lot more food pictures on: