Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Clusters

My sister's birthday was on January 25th, and since I was going home this past weekend, I told her to pick anything she wanted from my pinterest dessert board, and I'd make it for her. She very smartly, chose these chocolate coconut oatmeal clusters and I was super stoked to try them out for her.

So I made one batch on Wednesday night, tried a cookie as it came out of the oven and promptly made two more batches on the spot.

I took a bunch to work the next day, and they were literally gone in 2 minutes. Coworkers were stopping by asking me if I had any more, or if I was planning to bring more in. Clearly, three batches weren't enough. So I went home that night and made another batch. Can this be considered crazy? Yes? No? Maybe?

This recipe is from Bev Cooks, which also happens to be where the famed, Mississippi Mud Brownies recipe came from a few weeks ago. This is quickly becoming one of my "go to" blogs for recipes.


Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Clusters
from Bev Cooks

What it took for roughly 20 clusters (From Laura: this actually made 14 for me)Ingredients:

* 4 Tbs. butter
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant)
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1/4 cup coconut shavings
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 tiny pinch of salt
* 3 Tbs. milk
* 1/2 cup chocolate chips


Direcctions:
Preheat oven to 375.

In a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and mix another few seconds until it’s combined. Add the vanilla. One more blitz. There ya go.

In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, cocoa powder, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of salt. Toss toss toss until fully combined.

Add the butter mixture, the milk and the chocolate chips to the bowl. Stir until combined and thick and awesome.

Dollop about a Tbs. of the mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dollops. I mean I guess that’s obvious. Sorry.

Bake for about 14 minutes and enjoy!

Comments

  1. Oh Sweet Jesus... I might have to go home and make these... three times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like another delish recipe! I haven't baked in ages.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me some lovin' and thanks for stopping by!

You may also like: