Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar
From The English Kitchen
4 Cups Strawberries (whole or cut)
3 Tablespoons Sugar
Dollop of mascarpone cheese
1. Wipe the strawberries clean with a damp cloth, and then carefully hull them. If your berries are somewhat on the larger side, cut them in halves or quarters.
2. Place them all into a glass bowl. Sprinkle the sugar on top and toss them gently to coat.
3. Let sit, covered loosely with a cloth, for 2 hours to macerate.
4. After 2 hours, drizzle the balsamic vinegar over top. Toss gently again, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Spoon the berries into 4 glass dishes. Drizzle each with some of the syrup left in the bowl. Spoon a dollop of mascarpone cheese, or whipped cream on top of each, and serve.