Wedding Recap: Liz and Tom

As I mentioned in my post on Tuesday, Chris and I attended the wedding of a college friend, Liz, on Sunday evening. The wedding was held at the Lake Valhalla Club in Montville, New Jersey.
 

Liz and Tom had beautiful details all over, from their beautiful card-box, to the place-cards with wine charms attached to them, and baby's breath bouquets decorating the entrance-way.

After a beautiful cocktail hour out by the lake; the bridal party and new Mr. and Mrs. were introduced at the reception:

And we watched as the couple shared their first dance!
 
 

They then went right on to dance with their parents: This was the dance to Butterfly Kisses in which I criiiieddddddd.

For my meal I ordered the vegetarian black bean cake over spicy polenta with roasted vegetables and zucchini salsa. I don't usually get the vegetarian options, but this one sounded delicious and it was!

Quick funny note: Chris didn't eat his salad which was great because, well, more for me! So when the waitress brought out a salad that had been forgotten for another person at our table, she rushed over to Chris and said "Honey, did you not get a salad either?!" and we both kind of laughed and he said "Oh no...my wife is just having it" and she took one look at me and said "Well good!! You deserve it!" I giggled, said "thank you" and continued eating my second helping of salad....
 
 The Matron of Honor and Best Man gave their speeches:

After dinner we danced a little bit, walked the beautiful grounds of the country club and then it was time to cut the cake!

 

Liz arranged for a groom's cake for Tom: A Jeep on top of a snare drum!

In addition to the cake, Liz and Tom had a full Viennese hour with different cakes and cookies, an ice cream sundae bar AND a bonfire outside on the beach for making s'mores. I was in sweet-tooth heaven!
It was also COLLLLD which explains why I'm wearing Chris's jacket. You can still see my owl eyes from wearing my sunglasses on the beach last week! Haha...

Congratualtions to Liz and Tom and thanks so much for inviting us to share in your special day!

Comments

  1. Glad you had fun. The bride is beautiful with her long black tresses flowing down to her gorgeous white gown. Love the picture of him with his hand on her back and kudos to you for eating two salads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous wedding! I LOOOOVE her flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their wedding was gorgeous! I am glad you guys had a good time! And those smores look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wedding posts!! What great details, and who doesn't love all those dessert options? I alos loved the bride's dress!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roasted marshmallows and smores....awesome touch to a wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me some lovin' and thanks for stopping by!

You may also like: