Bumpdate: 27 Weeks

How Far Along: 27 Weeks!

Baby is the size of: A cauliflower

Total Weight Gain: 22 pounds

Sleep: Sleeping well, I wake up once a night usually around 5:00am or 5:30 am (but really anywhere between 3:30-5:30) just to go to the bathroom, and I usually go right back to sleep. One night this past week I couldn't fall back asleep because I was thinking too much about nursery schools for Natalie next year...yea...that's our big debate/decision lately. More on that later.

Best Moment of the week:
*Passing my glucose test!!! For the first time in BOTH my pregnancies, I passed the in-office glucose test. Last time with Natalie, I failed the 27 week glucose test and had to take a 3 hour test at a lab - which was of course, not fun. I didn't know that they tested sugar levels at the 8 week visit, but apparently my sugar levels were 1 point higher than they should be back in October and I had to take a 2 hour glucose blood test, which came back perfectly normal. So this time around for my 27 week glucose test, I made sure to really watch my sugar intake a few days before the test and I passed with flying colors!! Wahoo!! No more 3 hour blood tests at the lab! (This time around anyway). 

They say it doesn't matter what you eat leading up to these tests, but I'm not sure I believe it. When I failed the test in my last pregnancy, I happened to take it the day after a weekend of celebrating Chris' birthday - which meant lots of dinners and birthday ice cream cake. When I failed back in October, I had made my first batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies of the season and had eaten way too many of them before getting my blood drawn. So this time, like I said, I really watched my sugar intake and it came back fine. So - I totally believe it matters what you eat.

Next up this week: I have to get my Rhogam shot!

Worst Moment of the Week: umm, can't think of anything.

Miss Anything: I did really wish I could have ordered a nice glass of wine or a fun cocktail at our Valentine's Day Dinner the other night. I thought about ordering some sort of virgin drink, just for fun - but a) it would just be some sort of all-sugar drink, that wasn't worth the calories or sugar, and b) I just think it would look weird to even have the cocktail glass in front of me because I am so obviously pregnant.

Food Cravings: Nothing really in particular. Maybe still cheese quesadillas once in awhile, but I'm eating pretty normally.

Anything make you queasy or sick: Nope!

Have you started to show? Ummmmm, yes. Yes, very much so.

Gender: Team Green  

Symptoms: Ok, so this past week or two I have realllly started to feel this whole pregnancy thing. I can totally tell that I am nearing the third trimester and that my 2nd trimester energy phase is quickly going away. I've been getting extremely tired again in the mid-afternoon around 2:00 or 3:00 pm, but then I can't fall right to sleep at night. 

I'm having trouble getting my shoes on, and I'm just moving at a snail's pace all of the time. I couldn't make it out of the house on time for toddler time at the library which was at 10:30 am- all I could think was - how the heck am I going to get Natalie to nursery school by 8:15 next year?!

I'm just getting to a point where things are becoming really difficult, Natalie is having trouble sitting in my lap or being rocked, and I'm finding it daunting to think that I still have 12 more weeks. Because as fast as I know May 11th will be here, 12 weeks sort of feels like an eternity...

Workouts: What workouts?

Mood: Good, but lacking motivation on most things.

Looking forward to: Feeling baby hiccups, which can start occurring any day now! 

Maternity Clothes: Exclusively 

Stretchmarks: Yea, minimal

Rings on or off? Touch and go these days. Most days I don't wear them. If I really really want to, I can get them on and can only get them off if I drink a ton of water and use some lotion!

Bellybutton in or out? meh...a little of both.

Milestones:
The baby is kicking ALL the time - I am always feeling kicks, and Chris has finally felt 
the kicks too a couple times this week!

I ended my time in the second trimester and have now officially started the third trimester!!

Comments

You may also like: