Christopher Joseph: 2 Months


Name: Christopher Joseph

Weight: You were 10 lbs. 6 oz. at your 6 week checkup - so you much be somewhere around 11 or 12 pounds already!! You are suuuuch a chunky monkey!! And when I compare you to Natalie's 2 month pictures,  (She weight 8 lbs. 12 oz. at her 6 week check-up!) It's crazzy how much bigger you are, and how different you look! You wore your newborn clothes for about 2 weeks!! If I knew you were going to grow so fast, I wouldn't have dressed you in ANY newborn clothes!

Height: 20 3/4 inches at your 6 week visit


Health: Perfectly healthy! Growing twice as fast as anyone ever expected you to. I seriously think I'm going to need to start you in 6 months clothes soon and you're 2 months!!

Sleep: I feed you before I go to bed around 11 or 12 am, then you are up between 3 and 4 am, and then again around 6. I can't get you back to sleep comfortably after your 3/4 am feeding. You fuss and fuss and fuss and fuss. So we have the swing set up in our room and after that feeding I pretty much always end up putting you in the swing until you wake up again.

Diet: 
Exclusively Breast Fed. You eat every 2-3 hours. Sometimes it's every hour, sometimes it's every 4. I'm just feeding you entirely on demand and on average, it's probably about 2-3 hours during the day. Luckily, you eat a lot quicker than Natalie did. I used to have to sit down to feed her for about 30-45 minutes! You are done in 10-15 minutes every time!

We started giving you a bottle of pumped milk at 4 weeks old. I'm having a really hard time finding time to pump to store up a supply, but I'm trying to make sure you get at least one bottle a week so that you are used to them and I will be able to leave you at some point (though honestly, I have no will or need to leave you at all right now)

Likes: 
Being Held and eating. This kid MUST be held at all times. I'm not kidding. If it weren't for the BOBA wrap, I would not have gotten through these last 8 weeks. When I get dressed in the morning, I put on my clothes, and then put on the BOBA wrap, and wear you for most of the day.
As long as I'm wearing you, you sleep through EVERYTHING. I'll pick up Natalie, play with her, feed her, feed myself, go out to the park or play places with Natalie, do the dishes, and you just sleep and sleep on me while I go about my day. I've definitely gotten some food on you already and am ashamed to admit I once had to play a game of "whipped cream or spit up?" It was not one of my proudest moments...
Disclaimer: When he falls asleep I tuck his head into the cloth on the
side he's sleeping on so his head is fully supported. 
Pacifier - specifically the WubbaNub. You take the pacifier way more than Natalie ever did. But that's because you're nursing so much quicker and not satisfying your need to suck the way she did.

Dislikes: Not being held

Car Rides - cries. every. time. to the point where he coughs, chokes, and there are tears running down his cheeks. It's horrrrrible. Aren't kids supposed to LOVE car rides??

Nicknames: Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Pancake, Muffin-Tart, Muffin-Cake, (there seems to be a breakfast pastry theme going for me) and Chunky Monkey.


General Notes:
You look just like your daddy and like your Papa (Chris's Dad) when they were babies. It's crazy! Here is my husband Chris in 1985, compared to baby Christopher now. I'll do one with papa's pictures next time!
I haven't yet figured out a routine or set schedule with you. I know it will come, but I can't decide what your best bedtime is, how much you really should be sleeping. I never know day to day what your major "awake periods" are, and they seem to constantly be changing and you are awake more and more. I know these things will fall into place in the coming weeks. So I'm not worried. I do like having you in the room with us though. It's just so easy with nursing in the middle of the night. I moved Natalie to the nursery at 11 weeks. I'm not sure if I'll be ready to do so with him in just 3 more weeks!

Comments

You may also like: