Christopher Joseph: 5 Months


Name: Christopher Joseph


Weight: 16 lbs. 1 oz.

Height: 26 1/2 inches


Health: Excellent Health! Hasn't been sick yet (knocking on wood as we speak) even with big sister having a fever all last week! 

Sleep: He sleeps so well! Asleep for the night usually between 6:45 and 7:15 every night. Gets up once (on occasion twice) through the night for no more than half an hour. Gets up around 7:00/7:30 the next day.

Social: Smiles at EVERYONE! He loves when people are talking to him, making faces with him, and generally interacting with him.


Diet: Exclusively Breast Fed - I will start on some solids in the next week or two. By now, I had started food with Natalie, but I just wasn't ready to with Christopher just yet. I will probably start with some banana or oatmeal in the next two weeks. 


Likes: Being HELD!!! Likes being in his jumper! Loves interacting with people - he is SO Social!


Dislikes: Being alone. Being put down. Loud noises. Natalie blew into a loud noisemaker last night and Christopher lost his shit. He was so scared and sad!



Milestones: Rolling over:




Happenings:

Chris asked me if I loved Christopher more than Natalie the other day. He was kidding, of course. We laughed. Obviously we both know we love them both equally. But Chris said he asked because I seemed to be different with Christopher. And he didn't know if it was a "boy" thing, or a "second child" thing. I assured him, it's a "second child" thing, and I do know what he's talking about. I'm much calmer, and more patient with Christopher than I was with Natalie. Not that I was impatient with anything Natalie did at 5 months, but I'm just calmer and more confident this time around, and I think it shows in my interaction with him. I also know even more than before how fleeting this baby phase is, and I am trying to embrace it as much as possible.

Comments

You may also like: