Christoper Joseph: 11 Months


Name: Christopher Joseph

Weight: 19 pounds? About?

Health: Healthy Healthy :)

Sleep: For the last 2-3 months, this has been a little tough. He'd been getting up 2 or 3 times a night - one night it was even 4 times!! His first "wake-up" had been getting earlier and earlier. It used to be 11:30 which was fine - right before I went to bed so I'd get to feed him before I went to sleep. But what started as 11:00pm, then became 10:45pm, then 10:30pm, Last week he woke up at 9:45pm, just over 2 hours after he went to bed. I kind of reached my breaking point and refused to go get him. It was very clear to me what was happening - and I KNEW he wasn't hungry or needing me at that point. I let him cry it out, and he cried for exactly 30 minutes. Of course those 30 minutes felt like 60, and there were a few times when I almost went to get him. Finally, he put himself back to sleep and he slept straight through until 4:45am!!! So he ended up only getting up 1 time and that was amazing! Since that night, he's been getting up once a night. I'm definitely starting to get more "tough love" on the waking up in the middle of the night thing. Natalie was definitely only getting up once a night by the time she was 11 months, and she started consistently sleeping straight through the night at 13 months. In my mind - He's got 2 more months to really get this sleeping through the night thing down before I start ignoring him altogether (joking, sort of) and then I can SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT AGAIN!!! WAHOOO!!!! The last two nights he has slept straight throught he night, BUT he wakes up at 6:30am and then he's up for the day - when before if he nursed during the night, he would sleep until 7:45/8:00! I'm not sure which one I prefer!

Social: Very friendly and smiley with strangers. Sometimes he acts shy, but it's adorable.

Diet: My goodness - where do I begin here? Admittedly, I've been realllly bad about establishing a three meal a day schedule for Christopher up until this past month. Like I said last month, I live by the "food before 1, just for fun" method BUT in the last 2-3 weeks I've really established meals with him partly because when he sees food he goes crazy and jumps for it SO much, so I just had to put him in the highchair and share my meals with him. Eating is basically his new favorite activity now. His food of the week were peas, carrots, and cucumber! But I also gave him more food this past week because he is NOT NURSING!!!! He's nursing, but literally, and I'm not exaggerating, 5-10 seconds on each side. How is he even getting anything?? Even at night, he's hardly comfort nursing anymore. He nurses then comes off and reaches for the crib and puts himself to sleep. It's sooo different from Natalie. I should be leaping at the fact that he's putting himself to sleep quickly at night, but a part of me is so shocked and sad by it!

Likes: Obsessed with my iphone and the tv remote. He had a toy phone, and a calculator the other day that he kept pointing at the tv to try and change the channel. 

Dislikes: Bananas, eggs, being put down. EVER. getting into his carseat

Milestones
*First Haircut
*Cut 2 more teeth (top middle 2) he has 4 teeth total!
*Assisted Walking with a walker
*First time in a swing!
*Starting to sleep through the night
*Drinking from a big kid straw cup

General notes:
I can't even believe that he will be 1 in one more month - I really really feel like he's still just a little new baby and we just brought him home. 

Comments

You may also like: