Sum, Sum Summa-Time Day 1

Winter is over, our summer calendar is quickly filling up, we are getting busy busy busy and it's time to start recording our lives again.


It is my hope that years from now, when I look back on this past year of my life,  I can say "Wow, that year was hella crazy, I'm so glad my life isn't like that any more." Just as Christopher was born, work at my job picked up like crazy. So just as I'm navigating life with two kids, I had almost double the work to take care of each week and I pretty much have been burning the candle at both ends for the past 13 months. But...summer is here! Work should calm down for a bit, and we have hired someone else to start training and taking on some of my workload - Oh Happy Day!!

I'm nervous and so excited for this summer at the same time. Last summer, Christopher was just an itty-bitty newborn, whom I mostly wore around in my wrap the whole time while I did things with Natalie. This summer, he'll be a walking, babbling, toddler who all of a sudden has a mind of his own and gets into EVERYTHING. I'm nervous I won't be able to do a lot of the normal things I do with Natalie with both of them.

Growing up, I would often journal here and there, but I always kept a summer-time journal. There is just so much to document and remember each summer and I'm determined to get back to documenting my children's lives, either through this blog or my youtube channel.

I didn't fully feel prepared for summer today - I still had a ton of things to put away from a large Costco run, I had some things at work I had to tie up, and I was just winging it entirely. So first up was some painting - but man, this maybe lasted 20 minutes. Christopher just kept getting into the paint and it was harder to keep him away than the whole project seemed worth. But it was a nice 20 minute activity for her:
Add caption
 Then it was lunch and off to swim lessons - where Natalie passed level 1 in swimming at Saf-T-Swim!


Then a quick trip to the grocery store for a few items- in which Natalie was rewarded with a Cake Pop for passing level 1 in swim. (FYI - Christopher was supppper fussy today. I left him with my Mother-in-law to run these errands because I couldn't deal with him/both at the same time!)

Then it was more swimming at the in-laws in the afternoon! Natalie adores our neighbors and they are so so good to her. We literally had to fight/bribe her to get out of the pool tonight. This is the first summer that Natalie has a good swim vest and she can be pretty independent in the pool. She is LOVING it - I think we may be creating a little fishy!

Listen to the end here after the jump where Natalie comes up and says "BEST. JUMP. EVEEERR!"


And that is day 1 of Summer vacay 2017!

Comments

  1. Summer is already jam packed and busy for you. This will be your "...best Summer Evvvverrrr!!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me some lovin' and thanks for stopping by!

You may also like: