July, 2017

Well well well, here we are, July has come and now it's gone!! There is one month left of summer - what the WHAT?

Lordy, we've had a busy month - so busy that I couldn't keep up with the updating (what else is new).

So here's what we were up to:
Our first week of July, Natalie went to Bible Camp at her school. I was expecting/hoping to have her come home and be like "OMG CAMP IS AMAAAAZZZZINNNG!" but, I didn't really get that reaction. She went fine, she didn't argue, but she was more than ready to come home at the end of the day (I should mention, this was 3 hours). And so, I didn't send her any other weeks of July.

We celebrated July 4th in Oma and Papa's pool.

We celebrated Papa's birthday with lots of celebrating over the weekend.

I finally went to the ENT for an ear issue I've been having since March. I constantly hear popping sounds in my ear and loud or high-pitched noises sound like a broken speaker to me. The doctor diagnosed me with "Eustacian Tube Disorder" I basically am in a constant state of going up in a plane. It's annoying as Hell. If I hold my nose and blow, it pops them back out, but they immediately go back to being closed again. It's common in people who had tubes in their ears (I did many times when I was young), and the tube between my ear and nose doesn't equalize pressure correctly.  There isn't really any way to stop it, it hopefully, and often, just goes away on it's own. So yea...that's fun.

We spent a whole week in Pennsylvania (My most favorite state in all of the USA). We spent two days in Lancaster where we explored Lancaster, went to the Turkey Hill Experience, and then Dutch Wonderland. Then we spent 5 days at my parent's house - were we went berry picking, played on their new swing-set.

The third week of July was sort of "meh" for me - I think it was after coming back from a week where I had an extra pair (or 3) of hands on deck for me, and then it was back to just "me" and I just wasn't mentally handling it well. We went to the park twice, went to the library and made the best of it.

And then last week, it was cold and so Fall-Like. I love a good Fall day as much as the next person, but not in July! This had me all sorts of conflicted.

Comments

You may also like: