FOMO

Chris sent me this photo the other night from Brooklyn. It’s gorgeous- I saw it and thought “wow”. 

XL

And then, I got jealous. This sunset is happening out there in the world every night. And every night at this time I am in a powder blue bathroom, wrangling two kids. I instantly missed my nights of walking around the city after work, especially this time of year, and just enjoying the weather, the walk, the city. 

With nowhere to be, no one to answer to, leisurely taking my time home, meeting friends for drinks and dinner, going home with nothing else to do but go to bed, completely carefree. This was really the 2 1/2 years after college when I lived in Astoria and had a quick subway ride home. Yea, those were the days......those. were. the. days.....

It was a brief moment of fomo, then I returned to the poopy diaper in front of me, brushed my babies’ teeth, kissed their heads, and put them to bed.

Just one of many nights that I will longingly look back on, and horribly miss 10 years from now.

Comments

You may also like: