How Far Along: 22 Weeks!
Baby is the size of: Spaghetti Squash
Total weight gain: 14 pounds!
Sleep: Ok, but waking up with some hip pains. I'm sleeping with a pillow between my legs to help keep my hips in alignment, but it's not entirely working. I think it may be time to buy the Boppy Pregnancy Pillow.
Best Moment of the week:
First of all: Holding a 7 week baby at our friend's BBQ on Saturday! And I didn't even get a picture!!!! But rest assured, this was the cutest little baby ever and it was definitely an exciting experience. Plus, I only made her cry once! Haha. Her mother was a friend of a friend and was so incredibly helpful, amazing, and informative. She showed me how to swaddle, I watched her change a diaper, everyone passed around the baby, etc. We talked for most of the night, and I left the party feeling even more excited for our baby to arrive in November!!
Strong STRONG kicks - and I am now feeling them on the outside as well -though Chris hasn't yet :(
I tend to feel them the strongest in the middle of the day when Chris isn't around.
Worst Moment of the week: Honestly, I can't think of anything this week.
Miss Anything: Nope! Well...being able to dress myself in the morning. Now, it takes me about 5 or 6 outfits before I find something that fits or looks good...
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular - I really haven't had any weird "Pickles and ice cream" cravings or anything like that.
Anything make you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show? YES
Gender: Team Green - I'm still convinced it's a boy, but starting to think about the possibility of it being a girl....
Symptoms: Acne has cleared up this week - (probably because I finally started leaving it alone...hmm)
Workouts: One night of yoga - two good days of walking, that was about it :(
Mood: Goooooood, except for that time on Sunday when I cried after I weighed myself. I really wasn't even sad at all about the weight gain and I don't even know if that's why I was crying...I just...started to cry. It lasted like 5 minutes and then Chris had me laughing at something. It was a very passing mood-swing.
Looking Forward to: Our next appointment this Thursday! We will be meeting a new doctor in the practice this week, and will have 2 more to meet after her. Any one of these 5 doctors in our practice could be the one on-call the night or day I go into labor, so it's good for me to schedule appointments with each of them before the big day! So far, I like the two doctors we've met very much, but am slightly concerned about one. He's very informative and helpful, his wife is due with their first child two weeks before me, and I have no issues with him whatsoever. The part that makes me uncomfortable is that he is only slightly older than me, and it's just a little bit weird to picture him performing the delivery given that like...we could have gone to college together, or he could be any one of my friends. I don't know, I try not to think about it....great, now I'm thinking about it. Am I being weird?
Maternity Clothes: Yessss and I'm starting to worry that my pants may not last me the entire pregnancy like I hoped. We shall see...
Rings on or off? Band on, engagement ring off
This week I:
- Emailed 6 potential maternity/newborn photographers so I can line someone up for the Fall!
- Researched the HECK out of mattresses, changing pads, car seats, diaper pails, and some other items. My registries, though not complete, are certainly shaping up!
- Chris set up life-insurance policies for both of us, which we completed last night with our medical exams. Once the baby is born, all we have to do is add his or her name to the policy as our beneficiary.
- Literally spent 3 days straight planning a babymoon. I kind of felt like I was in a vacation-planning coma for 3 days - but things are shaping up. More on that later this week!
- Worked with Smitten Blog Designs on a new design for the blog which should be up in the next few days! I'm very excited to unveil the new, updated look and I hope you all like it!
- Had my 6 month check-up after my Lasik Eye Surgery back in January. I was worried about getting pregnant so soon after the surgery because they'd like you to wait at least 3-5 months. But I was still seeing fine with 20/20 vision and they don't need to see me again until 3 months after I stop breastfeeding!
Reading: Kyle Richards: Life is Not a Reality Show ;) She's from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.....what? Mama needs her guilty pleasures!
The baby's skin is reddish in color due to the developing blood vessels, and the skin hangs loosely from the body.
From the "What to Expect" App:
"Your baby's weight in the next four weeks alone should double (and you may feel as though yours is too)."
Um yes...this was the first week I started to feel "Preg.Nant" with a capital P. I'm really feeling those extra 14 pounds (which I think easily went up to 16 by weeks end) It's like carrying around the entire weight of my dog all the time.
|Isn't she the cutest??|
Linking up with Kristin for Baby Talk Tuesday